We've all been wondering about those infamous numbers from the elementary facility committee.
In case you don't know the numbers... here they are:
- BPS receives $9,646 per pupil State Aid each year
- 4.0 to 4.5 section schools: $ 7,285 per student cost/year
- 3.5 to 4.0 section schools: $ 8,293 per student cost/year
- 1.0 to 2.0 section schools: $10,018 per student cost/year NOTE: BPS Administration provided the costs associated per student
This Equates to:
- In the future, BPS should migrate towards improved efficiency by creating as many 4 or 4.5 section schools as possible to save $7.85 million/year
- The total savings would be when the entire elementary system is updated to the 4 or 4.5 section schools
This is a bold claim, and we wanted to see the data. BPS administration has provided it.
Come to our upcoming meeting, and we will tell you what we've learned.
We will also be:
- Updating you on our upcoming events.
- Seeking feedback on our core mission statement.
- Selling yard signs so you can show your support of neighborhood schools.
Tuesday, Sept 12th, 6:30pm at Roosevelt Gymnasium.
See you there!