Questions for the Candidates
In preparation for the upcoming election on June 12, 2018, The Bismarck Alliance for Neighborhood Schools sent questions to the ten School Board candidates.
- If elected, what would be your top three priorities?
- How do you plan to address the projected continued growth of Bismarck’s student population, especially in north Bismarck?
- How do you plan to address the continually shifting school boundaries for Bismarck’s elementary students?
- In the face of looming budget pressures, do you see it as a Bismarck school board member’s responsibility to advocate for K-12 education funding in state legislature?
- In 2017, BPS administration figures erroneously suggested smaller neighborhood schools are significantly less efficient than large schools on Bismarck’s outer edges, subjecting neighborhood schools to closure (the recommendation was later rejected by the school board). How do you plan to maintain the integrity of Bismarck’s neighborhood schools?
Click images to read each candidate's response.
Candidates Travis Jensen, Steven Mayer, and Jay Volk did not respond.